Black Widow Jello Shots are an easy to make margarita shot with fresh flavors that’ll ensnare your senses!
Margaritas are one of my favorite party drinks. They’re always a hit and you can make a pitcher of them in bulk to help make sure you get to enjoy the party instead of playing bartender all night. But even better are margarita jello shots! These babies have all the margarita flavor you love in a fun shot sized cup. Total party fare. With their Halloween appropriate bright purple and green colors, these unique jello shots will look awesome with your Halloween party spread. Especially if you serve them stacked up on a white cake stand or in a white bowl so the colors can pop!
If you’re not a big fan of zest on your shots, don’t fret. There’s already lime in the shots. The zest just give a little extra color and helps give that “garnished with a lime” margarita feel. If you still want that extra citrus kick, place a bowl of lime wedges with these shots.Guests can take the shot and then suck on the lime. Better yet, sprinkle a little sea salt over the shots right before shooting them and biting that lime. Margarita bliss kids!
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (1 tablespoon)
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup tequila
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 16 two ounce plastic cup with lids
- In a medium bowl, muddled the blackberries (smash 'em really good), and then sprinkle with sugar. Set aside.
- Place gelatin in a medium mixing bowl. Pour cold water over the gelatin and stir to combine. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes until the gelatin has absorbed the water. Pour in the boiling water, and whisk until the jello is dissolved.
- Mash the blackberries and sugar together one more time, and then run them through a mesh sieve so you're left with the juice. Discard the pulp
- Add the blackberry juice, lime juice (about 1 tablespoon), and tequila to to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pout the jello mixture evenly into each of the plastic cups. Place the cups in the refrigerator and chill until set, at least 1 hour.
- Top each shot cup with a plastic lid. Right before serving, sprinkle the top of the shot with lime zest, if desired.
Looking for more Halloween shots? Try my
Like it? Pin it!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.