Hi friends! I’m so excited to start to share some NEW Valentine’s Day crafts with you this week! First up – some FUN projects with my Martha Stewart Living collaboration – 12 Months of Martha! I had such an AMAZING year working with the MS Living editors last year and they’ve invited me on for my “Sophomore” year and I couldn’t be more excited! There are going to be some great things in the works this year and some seriously fabulous bloggers (some of my absolute FAVES)! So if you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that I headed downtown this past weekend for a little Valentine’s photo shoot with my favorite Phoenix photographer – Stacey of Dream Photography Studio. I crafted my little #12monthsofmartha heart out and we snagged some cute kids and the crafts and had some photo fun! We have a number of fun projects to share with you from that shoot – but up first: Glitter Vintage Soda Bottles!
What you’ll need:
- Empty and clean vintage soda bottle
- Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage
- Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter
- Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter Tray and Rack (optional, but handy!)
And the steps:
- Simply apply a generous layer of decoupage onto the vintage soda bottle, covering the desired glitter area.
- On the glitter rack and tray, lay the bottle down and sprinkle glitter on decoupaged area, until covered.
- Stand bottle up and shake excess glitter off – let dry.
- If you need to add more glitter for coverage, repeat steps 1-3.
- Once dry, apply a final layer of decoupage and let dry.
And there you have it! Perfectly gorgeous Glitter Vintage Soda Bottles.
Now what? Well there are a number of uses for a gorgeous bottle like this. Fill it with blooms and create a beautiful centerpiece. Add it to your Valentine’s mantel or vignette for a sparkly feature. OR give it to one ADORABLE kiddo for the cutest little Valentine’s Day photo shoot…
Our lil guy love it so much, he kept going back for “more”…
Photos by Dream Photography Studio
And there you have it! Our first project of many for Valentine’s Day this year – beautiful Glitter Vintage Soda Bottles! Like this project? Check out our next MS Crafts Valentine’s Day project – these Chalkboard Conversation Hearts!
Now go pick up the supplies and glitter your own bottles for Valentine’s decor! I’d love to see if you create variations of our project! Be sure to share it with us…
Thank you to the editors of Martha Stewart Living for sponsoring this post as part of the #12MonthsofMartha program! I received product in exchange for this project; however, all opinions are my own.