Hi friends! Are you getting a little stir crazy with your kiddos yet this Summer? Are you attempting to keep them learning, but having issues finding the right resources? Well today I may just have your solution – Zoobean! Zoobean is an amazing service that curates apps, books, and education resources for your child. With the digital age in full swing we know that there is a VAST array of information out there from books to apps, but it’s impossible to know how to find it all and what is even appropriate for your child and their educational needs.
That’s where Zoobean comes in – they curate apps and books for your individual child. Their mission is to encourage literacy and help parents like you give their kids a head start. They know that it’s important to help kids start learning early, and build a foundation for the rest of their lives! Zoobean was even featured on Shark Tank in April – and walked away with an investment from Mark Cuban! We were intrigued – and as a proponent of digital learning I knew we had to try it out.
How it works:
- Sign up, build a child’s profile.
- Get your dashboard, aka SmartList, where recommendations and reading guides will be added
- Connect with your personal expert to refine your child’s interests and reading level or to just ask questions related to building your child’s literacy
- Use Kits for deep dives into topics like “Exploring Rainbows” or “Loving Yourself.” Search books and apps in a library of selections curated by experts and cataloged using over 1,400 tags
I filled out a profile for my oldest, AJ. I shared his reading level and things that he’s interested in for a more personalized experience. We even received a personal email from AJ’s curator to help get a better understanding of his educational needs. Talk about great service! AJ has REALLY been into dinosaurs lately, so we started out with a curated Dinosaur Kit for some learning fun! The list was chock full of great books, apps and even some awesome activities. We dove right in.
We started out with National Geographic Readers: Dinosaurs on the Kindle. I was excited to see one of the hard bound books we already own on the list too! We read through that book and moved on to a fun app Dinosaurs: The American Museum of Natural History Collections. AJ had a great time going through all the amazing images of dinosaurs he knows and loves!
Then we took a break from reading for a bit for a fun FOSSIL activity! I really loved that not only were there books and apps – but activities with supply lists and instructions to go along with. I knew that AJ would love making dinosaur fossils, so that’s just what we did. Once those were done I was popping them in the oven for fossilization, AJ went back to the iPad for some more app fun. We downloaded Dino-Store, an adorable interactive story that you can choose to read along with your child in their early stages of reading.
Now this was just one weekend’s worth of Zoobean fun, and we’re sold! But if you need more convincing…
- Personal Expert: First you build a profile for your child, including reading level, age, and interests. Soon after you do this, your personal expert gets in touch with you to gather more information about your child’s interests and reading level. From there, every week, we add a recommended app and/or book to your child’s “SmartList” along with a reading guide. You may reach out to your personal expert anytime with questions about things like having a child who is a “reluctant reader,” who is “young and gifted,” or who is obsessed with something (princesses? horses?) you want to indulge…and make it educational.
- Unlimited Kits: Zoobean experts, who are also educators and librarians, have created ready-made learning Kits that include app and book recommendations, discussion starters, hands-on activities, and multimedia resources. Topics include “Fascination with Transportation,” “Exploring Egypt,” “Dealing wih Divorce,” and more! Zoobean experts add Kits weekly for kids ages 0-8. Sample, “Magical, Mystical Creatures” Kit.
- Summer Learning Loss: If kids don’t have educational experiences over the summer, they are likely to experience summer learning loss. Zoobean offers a simple way to help your family engage with educational apps and books just right for your child. Also check out Zoobean blog: 5 Ways Zoobean Can Help You Avoid Summer Learning Loss
NOW are you ready to give it a try? Well it’s your lucky day! RIGHT NOW you can receive $10 off an Expert membership with promo code EXPERTOWL and 20% off the home delivery service with promo code HOMEOWL!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ZooBean. The opinions and text are all mine.