A Turkey Cranberry Quesadilla turns your favorite Thanksgiving flavors into an ooey gooey quesadilla with a tart bite!
Hi everyone! It’s Julie from White Lights on Wednesday, and this month I’m back with an easy to make dinner (or lunch) to help you use up those Thanksgiving leftovers!
When I was little it was tradition that I would make cranberry sauce with my mom every year for Thanksgiving. But I never ate it. I couldn’t get into the taste. It was so weird to me. I don’t remember quite when, but my attitude toward cranberry sauce changed. Maybe it was because of my now favorite sandwich “The Bobbie.” It’s Thanksgiving dinner on bread anytime of the year I want it. Turkey, stuffing, mayo, and cranberry sauce…OH MY!
While still not into the whole berries that tend to float round the sauce, and the canned stuff freaks me out a little (my husband loves it), I can’t help but sneak it onto sandwiches! And apparently quesadillas now. The tart, sweet cranberry sauce with ooey gooey cheese, and turkey all nested in a crispy tortilla is freaking awesome you guys. I’m even thinking of adding some mashed sweet potatoes next time!
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup shredded or diced turkey meat (or deli turkey meat)
- ½ cup shredded Munster cheese
- 1 - 10" to 12" flour tortilla
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly butter one side of the tortilla and place butter side down into the hot skillet.
- Spoon cranberry sauce onto one half of the tortilla, and carefully spread it over half of the tortilla. Top cranberry sauce with half of the cheese.
- Spread turkey meat evenly over the cheese, and top with remaining cheese. Fold tortilla in half so the filling is covered and the buttered side is now up.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until tortilla is golden. Remove from skillet and cut into pieces. The cranberry sauce will be HOT, so be careful taking that first bite!
Hungry for more?
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.