Great tips for baking with kids!
Hi friends! I have some fun news for you – Pillsbury™ Girl Scouts® Baking Mixes are now available at Walmart! Everyone has their favorite Girl Scout® Cookie™ flavor, and now Thin Mints® and Caramel & Coconut inspired flavors can be made in your kitchen in the form of brownies, blondies, and cupcakes. How fun is that? I stopped by my local Walmart to pick up a few mixes to try out and it brought back memories of me baking with my mom in the kitchen growing up. My mom is one amazing baker, that’s probably why I have such a sweet tooth to this day! So when I broke out a baking mix to whip up some treats for my boys, I decided to let them in on the fun and I thought I’d share our experience and some tips for baking with kids along the way!
1. Start Simple. First, I would say to start simple. I actually haven’t done much cooking or baking with my kids in the past so I knew that these delicious and simple Pillsbury™ Girl Scouts® Baking Mixes would be a great starting point! You only need a few ingredients to whip up something delicious. And Pillsbury™ Girl Scouts® Baking Mixes contain no colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors so the end result is something both you and the kids can enjoy!
2. Prep or Measure Beforehand. Do some prep! If you’re wanting to teach lessons on measuring, be sure to have bowls, measuring cups, spoons and all the ingredients within reach. You don’t want to have to keep making trips back to the refrigerator or pantry, especially if the kiddos need supervision. Or you could even measure out the ingredients in prep bowls and measuring cups beforehand!
2. Pick a Proper Work Area. While the kitchen seems like a natural space for baking prep, our counters are tall and we don’t have a great island area so we chose to do our prep at the table. That way the boys had easy access to what they needed and messes were easy to clean up!
4. Add Time. Now these Pillsbury™ Girl Scouts® Baking Mixes are simple to whip up! But what you can do in just minutes might take your little ones just a little bit longer. So be sure to allot time for those little hands to get the work done.
5. Have Fun! So my perfectionist self wanted to control the situation, but in the end I realized I needed to just sit back and enjoy the process. The boys were definitely boys, but it was so much fun to carry on my mom’s love of baking with them.
Oh and I have to tell you that while Pillsbury™ Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® Brownies were in the oven they smelled amazing and my boys were dying to get their hands on them! I think that waiting for them to cool was the hardest part of the whole process – they are delicious! So are you ready to try them? Click here to save $1.00 on the purchase of 1 Pillsbury™ Girl Scouts® Baking Mix! Enjoy and let us know which one you try!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine