- Brown lunch bags (I found some generously sized lunch bags at Target.)
- Plastic sandwich bags (Optional – my herbs were in biodegradable pots and were a little damp.)
- Manilla shipping tags (I picked these up at the office supply store)
- Alphabet stamps, a vine/leaf stamp, black and green ink pads
- Fabric cut into 1 inch wide strips – make sure to cut them long enough to fit around your pots
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
- First, cut the zip top off of a plastic sandwich bag – this makes the bags a bit wider. Slide each potted herb into the plastic bag to keep any water from seeping out the drainage holes and ruining your wrapping. Repeat for each pot of herbs.
- Open a lunch bag and start folding down the top in one inch folds until it is just tall enough to cover the top of the pots. Repeat for each pot of herbs.
- Stamp your manila shipping tags with thank you / appreciation messages depending on the herbs you purchased. Thank you for your thyme, Thanks for helping me bloom, Thank you for your sage advice and Thank you for your Commit-Mint were some of the phrases I came up with. Get creative!
- Using the green ink pad and vine/leaf stamp, add a few accents around each tag.
- Finally, thread a strip of fabric through each of the stamped tags and tie them around the folded top of the brown bag.
Now these sweet Thank You Herb Gifts are ready for giving!
Like it? Pin it!