Red Velvet Cookie Bars – red velvet brownies topped with white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough make for a decadent treat!
- Baker's note: this recipe is made in two separate parts, thus two lists of ingredients and instructions
- ½ C butter, room temperature
- 1¼ C pure cane white sugar
- 2 eggs. room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp strong coffee, room temperature
- 1⅓ C flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- red food coloring, as desired (it'll probably be a lot)
- 1 C butter, room temperature
- ¾ C pure cane brown sugar
- ½ C pure cane white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2½ C flour
- 1½ C white chocolate chips
- ½ C macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla, and coffee, and food coloring and beat well
- Sift in flour, cocoa, and salt and mix until combined.
- Spread in greased 9x13 pan (it will be thick)
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well-combined.
- Sift in flour, salt, and baking soda and beat just until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop cookie dough by spoonfuls on top of the unbaked brownie batter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake until golden brown (15 minutes or so) and the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Set aside to cool, or just go after it with a spoon. No judgment here.
Like it? Pin it!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.