Red Velvet Cookie Bars – red velvet brownies topped with white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough make for a decadent treat!
Red Velvet, White Chocolate
- Baker's note: this recipe is made in two separate parts thus two lists of ingredients and instructions
Red Velvet Brownies:
- 1/2 C butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 C pure cane white sugar
- 2 eggs. room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp strong coffee room temperature
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- red food coloring as desired (it'll probably be a lot)
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- 1 C butter room temperature
- 3/4 C pure cane brown sugar
- 1/2 C pure cane white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
For the brownie layer:
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla, and coffee, and food coloring and beat well
- Sift in flour, cocoa, and salt and mix until combined.
- Spread in greased 9x13 pan (it will be thick)
For the cookie layer:
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well-combined.
- Sift in flour, salt, and baking soda and beat just until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop cookie dough by spoonfuls on top of the unbaked brownie batter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake until golden brown (15 minutes or so) and the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Set aside to cool, or just go after it with a spoon. No judgment here.
Like it? Pin it!