Red Velvet Cookie Bars – red velvet brownies topped with white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough make for a decadent treat!
Red Velvet, White Chocolate
- Baker's note: this recipe is made in two separate parts thus two lists of ingredients and instructions
Red Velvet Brownies:
- 1/2 C butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 C pure cane white sugar
- 2 eggs. room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp strong coffee room temperature
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- red food coloring as desired (it'll probably be a lot)
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- 1 C butter room temperature
- 3/4 C pure cane brown sugar
- 1/2 C pure cane white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C macadamia nuts roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350.
For the brownie layer:
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla, and coffee, and food coloring and beat well
Sift in flour, cocoa, and salt and mix until combined.
Spread in greased 9x13 pan (it will be thick)
For the cookie layer:
Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well-combined.
Sift in flour, salt, and baking soda and beat just until combined.
Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Drop cookie dough by spoonfuls on top of the unbaked brownie batter.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes.
Remove foil and continue to bake until golden brown (15 minutes or so) and the middle is no longer jiggly.
Set aside to cool, or just go after it with a spoon. No judgment here.
Like it? Pin it!