Thank you to Disney Junior for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. This summer put the YAY in your FRiYAY with NEW Puppy Dog Pals on Disney Junior and this tasty Puppy Chow Snack Mix for your kiddos!
Now you’re probably familiar with Puppy Chow, but since it’s such a sweet treat, we’ve created a snack mix that helps balance some of that sweetness out for a more well rounded snack. First we started with a simple Puppy Chow recipe of rice checkered cereal, butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips, vanilla and powdered sugar. Once the Puppy Chow was made, I gathered the ingredients for the Puppy Chow Snack Mix! You just need the Puppy Chow, more rice checkered cereal, pretzels, peanuts and chocolate candies.
All you need to craft up these Bingo and Rolly cups are standard sized treat cups, colored card stock, googly eyes, a black marker, scissors and craft glue.
When Bob says his mom’s coming to dinner and he wants the Pugs to “treat her like a queen,” Bingo and Rolly head to England to learn how a queen is actually treated.
How sweet is that? I know I’m looking forward to the time with my boys and perhaps we’ll have to do another Puppy Chow Snack Mix to celebrate! I hope you’ll join us and tell us what you think about the new show. You’re going to love it!
Puppy Dog Pals Puppy Chow Snack Mix
- 6 cups rice checkered cereal divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate candies
For the Puppy Chow:
- Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and stir well.
- Pour peanut-butter chocolate mixture over 4 cups of rice checkered cereal and toss gently, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
- Add the powdered sugar to a zippered plastic bag, then add in chocolate covered cereal and shake to cover.
- Empty bag of Puppy Chow into colander to shake off excess powdered sugar and transfer Puppy Chow to a clean bowl.
- Now add your Puppy Chow, remaining rice checkered cereal, pretzels, peanuts and chocolate candies to a large bowl and toss to combine.
Like it? Pin it!
Thank you to Disney Junior for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.