One of my favorite memories of Paris was the FOOD! I mean, don’t get me wrong the museums were amazing and the chateau’s were amazing works of art! But there are just so many memories made over food, so for this Parisian-inspired project, we created an adorable cupcake stand fit for a princess out of a gorgeous little birdcage! Michaels has the most amazing selection of birdcages right now, I’m a little bit obsessed! So pick one up and we’ll share how with just a tinge of crafty goodness, you can have your own Paritisan Cupcake Stand!
What you’ll need:
- Ashland Birdcage
- Ashland Glass Candle Holder
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin in Cottonball and Buff Beige
- E6000 or multi-surface adhesive
- Paint brush
And the steps:
- Based on what birdcage you choose, you’ll want to pick up multi-surface satins that will best match the color of the birdcage. For us, it was Americana Multi-Surface Satins in Cottonball and Buff Beige. We mixed those colors together to color match the birdcage – then painted our glass Candle Holder. You may want to paint a couple of layers to ensure proper coverage, but make sure you wait an hour between coats. Quick note: do not paint the top of the candle holder as we’ll be adhering that to the birdcage and you want a clean surface to adhere to.
- Once your painted candle holder is dry, simply coat the top of it with a ring of E6000 glue or an adhesive that works on both glass and metal. Then place your birdcage on top of the candle holder, ensuring it is centered. Let the adhesive dry and cure, about 24 hours.
Now it’s your turn! That’s right, you can enter to win the trip of a lifetime to Paris too. How? By creating your own Parisian-inspired art, floral, baking or paper crafting project and uploading a photo to paris.michaels.com through March 31. You can also share your project on social channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag, #SpringtimeInParis. What do you win? A four-night trip for two to Paris, 1,000 euros, a VIP tour of the Louvre, private classes including sketching, floral arranging, baking and more!
If you need a little Paris inspiration to get you started, take a look at some of the Springtime in Paris projects on Michaels.com and click around to all of the amazing Michaels Makers Paris-inspired projects below! Good luck!