Hi friends! Can you BELIEVE it’s almost November? I mean, this weekend. And I don’t know about you, but this year I have VOWED to not wait until the last minute to buy my Christmas gifts. So the gift research is ON. I just love buying gifts, but maybe even MOREso I love wrapping gifts. Is that strange? One of my favorite jobs when I was in college was one Christmas where I wrapped presents for folks who bought gifts from Hallmark. Boy did I help out many a husband that year! I just loved it and ever since then I’ve been obsessed with wrapping. No quick and easy bag for me on Christmas – it’s all about the wrap. So needless to say, I’m so glad I stumbled on my latest Craftsy fix – Paper Arts! I’m serious when I say that if you’re into wrapping gifts, paper crafts, decor and more, you MUST take this class!
Have you heard of Craftsy? Craftsy provides online education and tools to help you bring your creativity to life! With hundreds of classes on sewing, knitting, cake decorating, art, photography, cooking and many more categories, Craftsy brings the world’s best instructors to YOU. Learn at your pace with easy-to-follow HD video lessons you can access on your computer and mobile device anytime, anytime, anywhere, forever. We’ve shared our favorite classes to date, Creating Stunning Birthday Cards and Delicious Doughnut Recipes. If you haven’t checked them out yet, you should! I’ve really enjoyed each and every minute.
And the Paper Arts Class was no exception. Just a wealth of information! I’m not even done yet, because there is just so much to take in and I’m excited to master each and every lesson! The instructor, Alton DuLaney is fantastic! Alton is a creative authority on paper crafting. From the hottest trends to the latest tools, he provides tips for all of life’s special occasions. Alton has been featured in countless magazines, radio and TV shows, including The Rachael Ray Show, People Magazine, and Martha Stewart Radio. His fabulous and eclectic home décor was featured on HGTV’s Small Spaces, Big Style and Apartment Therapy’s coffee table book Real Homes, Real People, and Real Design Solutions.
The topics are diverse! There is so much that is covered, here’s JUST a taste!
- Basic Gift Wrapping – Here, the basics of gift wrapping are covered. After learning the three basic rules of gift wrapping, how to wrap a basic box, the ins and outs of tape & paper, and basic bows you will be ready to put the “present in presentation.”
- Advanced Gift Wrapping – Takes the basic segment forward leaps and bounds to introduce you to advanced techniques and opening the world of creativity. You’ll learn all about the criss-cross wrap, pleating, the tuxedo wrap and the purse wrap.
- Pop-Up & Greeting Cards – Greeting cards are a quick and easy way to let someone know you are thinking about them. This session will teach you a number of ways to either dress up a ready-made greeting card, or better yet, make your own. Then, we explode into pop-up cards, covering some of the fundamentals of paper engi- neering, including the “Z” fold, the spiral fold, and the strip fold.
- Paper Flowers – Real flowers fade, but paper flowers last and last. In this class, Alton teaches several techniques for making paper flowers including the carnation, the spider mum, the daffodil and the rose. These beautiful creations are great for home decorating, table settings, and incorporating into other projects such as gift wraps, fashion accessories, and all celebrations.
- Entertaining with Paper – Life’s moments are meant to be celebrated. In this class, Alton shares several techniques for adding paper elements into those events. Celebration Station includes tips and ideas for the guest and the host, including how to make a customized label for a champagne bottle—a great hosting gift. Then I take you through several holidays including 4th of July, a Bridal Brunch, and New Year’s Eve party. Tips cover decora- tions, goody bags, place cards, invitations, and other ideas to dress up your party in paper.
Does ALL of that sound like fun? Then what are you waiting for?! Head on over to Craftsy today and let’s get wrapping! Sign up for Paper Arts at 50% OFF today through 11/6 at 11:59pm MT! So that means hurry and sign up TODAY! And let me know how you WOW your family and friends this holiday season with your gift wrap and other paper creations!
Thank you to Craftsy for sponsoring this post; all thoughts and opinions are my own.