These Oatmeal Breakfast Bites are easy to make and great for on-the-go! Perfect for busy mornings or even after-school snacks! This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company, but all opinions are my own.
Hi friends! How is this summer treating you? If you’re anything like us, you have little ones running the house. Things seem so hectic and crazy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. During these busy days it’s nice to have a few good on-the-go recipes, and today we’re sharing an Oatmeal Breakfast Bites recipe that is just that! And it all starts with one of our favorite Quaker Oats products – Quaker Old Fashioned Oats.
Last month I announced that we’re going to be sharing some of our favorite Quaker products and recipes with you this year. It’s such a great fit for us because my family truly loves Quaker products. And there’s just so many ways to enjoy oatmeal year round. Last month we shared some Banana Nut Overnight Oats that are a great way to get your oats in during the summer months, and these Oatmeal Breakfast Bites are too!
The “batter” is simple – start with Quaker Old Fashioned Oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Then add in some peanut butter, bananas, agave, vanilla and an egg and you have one delicious combo! Then what you add from there is totally up to you. For our bites this morning, we added some fresh chopped strawberries that are in season right now, and they were the perfect addition to our breakfast! If you’re adding fresh fruit, you’ll want to enjoy right away. But for our afternoon snack time, a few dark chocolate chips are always welcomed by my boys!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2½ cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped seasonal fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork.
- Stir in the peanut butter, butter, honey, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the beaten egg and stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and/or chopped seasonal fruit.
- Form large, flat cookies by hand and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are done.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
In the end you have some tasty Oatmeal Breakfast Bites that are great for snacking on the go during those busy summer and back to school days!
What would you add to YOUR Oatmeal Breakfast Bites?
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.