Thank you to Safeway and Albertsons for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Perfect for the holidays, these easy and delicious Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars will feed a crowd!
Hi friends! The holidays are right around the corner and for us that means that Christmas baking is in full effect! I grew up making cookies, candies and more around the holidays and that’s one tradition that I’ll certainly carry on. But now when I’m stocking up for holiday baking I start with products from the O Organics® line, available in my area exclusively at Albertsons and Safeway stores.
Albertsons and Safeway believe that great-tasting organic food should be available to everyone at a great value – and so do I! I love that I don’t have to shop specialty stores to find what’s best for my family. With just a few of our favorite O Organics products I was ready to get baking! Now I love pecan pie – and add a little chocolate and I’m totally on board. But if you need to feed a crowd, which just might be the case during the holidays, these Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are just the solution!
Start with the crust, which is just softened O Organics Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter, O Organics All-Purpose Flour, sugar and salt. Mix together until you get coarse crumbs. Simply press the crumbs onto the bottom of a greased 15×10 jelly roll pan and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
While the crust is baking, microwave O Organics 100% Pure Maple Syrup and O Organics Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips on high for 2 1/2 minutes or until melted and combined. Stir in remaining sugar and vanilla. Then add your beaten O Organics eggs and once combined, add in your chopped pecans.
Pour this mixture over the crust and bake for 35 minutes or until the filling is firm around the edges but slightly soft in the center.
Once cooled, what you’re left with is a pan full of Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars ready for your holiday guests or for a prime spot on your cookie plate.
As you’re stocking up for your holiday baking this year, be sure to start with O Organics and visit Albertsons.com and Safeway.com to find a store near you and discover more holiday tips and recipe ideas. I buy my O Organics products at my local Albertsons and Safeway and you can also find them at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 cup O Organics Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 cups O Organics All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 O Organics 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup O Organics Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 O Organics Eggs beaten
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter, flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt with mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press onto bottom of greased 15x10 jelly roll pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, microwave maple syrup and chocolate chips in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2-1/2 minutes; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add sugar and vanilla, then beaten eggs; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour chocolate pecan mixture over warm crust; spread to evenly cover crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until filling is firm around edges but still slightly soft in center.