Lovely Lemon Berry Shortbread Trifles are the perfect treat for any occasion!
Hey! It’s Becca from Crumbs and Chaos, stopping over to share a sweet treat with you today. We’re knee deep in spring and you know what that means…the calendar is beginning to fill up with bridal showers and grad parties and just about any other excuse we can think of to be out enjoying some lovely weather with friends and family. Berries are abundant and delicious right now, so it’s a good idea to take advantage of that fact with a simple dessert that comes together in no time.
This trifle really allows the strawberries to take center stage, surrounded by a tart and tangy lemon mousse and sweet shortbread cookies. A real star of a dessert, if you ask me. You can make this ahead, just know that the cookies will soften a bit while chilling in the fridge. But that’s definitely not a bad thing. If you make it right before serving, the cookies will still be crispy. I love serving desserts like this one in adorable little 4 oz. jelly jars, but you can also make this all in one bowl and serve it from there. Either way, your crowd is guaranteed to be happy 🙂
- 4 oz. CREAM CHEESE, softened
- 2 Tablespoons FRESHLY SQUEEZED LEMON JUICE (from 1 medium lemon)
- 6 Tablespoons POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 cup HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- 8 SHORTBREAD COOKIES, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups FRESH STRAWBERRIES, coarsely chopped
- Beat together cream cheese, lemon juice and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Whip cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into lemon cream cheese mixture.
- Assembly trifles in 4 oz. glass jars or in a glass bowl. Layer cream mixture, strawberries, chopped cookies; repeat layers and end with cream mixture on top. Garnish with more strawberries if desired.
‘Tis the season for all things strawberry…