Hello and welcome to the third installment of Late Night Snack, and today do we have a tasty treat for you, these Halloween Candy Cupcakes! Be sure to check out our other Late Night Snack posts, like these Pink Lemonade Cupcakes and Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Cupcakes! Yumm!
Well, it’s October, which means it’s time for all those great fall things…long sleeves and boots, changing of the leafs and cool weather. Who am I kidding, we live in the desert but it is Halloween time which means trick or treating and LOTS of candy! So let’s put that candy to good use. This recipe is simple! All you need is your favorite chocolate Halloween candy!
A huge thanks to our fellow Night Owl Jessica of Flecky Photography for taking these pictures! Oh and want to finish these yummy cupcakes off with with the ADORABLE Halloween toppers you see? Just head on over to Just Us Three Design to print them for free!
So what do you think? Will you give these Halloween Candy Cupcakes a try? I think you should! And you don’t even have to wait until after Halloween, you know that candy is available year-round. So let’s get to baking friends!
Halloween Candy Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix oil, egg, water as the mix calls for
- 2 king sized candy bars of choice or lots of small fun sized ones from trick or treating
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- Chop candy into small pieces, set aside 1/3 to sprinkle on top.
- Make chocolate cake according to package directions.
- Stir in chopped candy.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake according to package directions.
- While cupcakes are baking, mix peanut butter into the vanilla frosting.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost with peanut butter/vanilla frosting and sprinkle with candy.