Hi friends! Do you want to build a snowman? I’m going to go ahead and assume you know what that means! If you have little ones (even if you don’t), you likely have seen the hit Disney film, Frozen. Well today I’m sharing some Frozen Inspired Yarn Wrapped Christmas Trees in anticipation of the Pinterest Party this weekend at Michaels! That’s right, Michaels Stores will be hosting a #MadewithMichaels Pinterest Party from 1pm – 4pm where you can work with Michaels associates to create some of your favorite Christmas crafts right in the store! I hosted one of these parties last year and let me tell you – they’re a TON of FUN!
This year Michaels has a bunch of GREAT easy to make Christmas crafts on the list, including these Yarn Wrapped Christmas Trees!
Here you can see the Michaels version of the trees and my Frozen Inspired trees! What I love about this craft is that you can put any spin you’d like on the craft! You’re only limited by your imagination – and well, just maybe the different kinds of yarn that Michaels has! Hehe! But mine had two aisles of yarn, so there are plenty of options. I choose a fun blue scarf yarn and two fringed yarns, in white and purple hues! All colors and textures I felt were Frozen inspired.
What you’ll need:
- Skeins of yarn (you choose color/style)
- Styrofoam cones
- Applique/Sequin Pins
- Tacky glue
- Pom toppers
And the steps:
NOTE: For a 12″ cone, you will need approximately 10 yards of yarn and for a 9″ cone, approximately 7 yards of yarn.
- Take the starting end of the yarn skein and pin to the bottom of the styrofoam tree.
- Tightly wrap the yarn around the tree to the top. Pin in various places as you wrap to secure.
- Once the tree is completely covered in yarn, push in several pins at the end and trim the yarn.
- Dab some glue on the top of the styrofoam tree and place a pom pom on the glue. Pin down to secure, and let dry.
- Optional: Repeat Steps 1-4 for additional trees.
So very easy, but cute right? In just one afternoon we had ourselves some Frozen Inspired Yarn Wrapped Christmas Trees!
So fun! So do you want to build that snowman now? Your kids will love these Frozen Yarn Wrapped Christmas Trees and it’s certainly something easy for them to take on. So grab them or just the gals and head on down to your local Michaels this Saturday for the #MadewithMichaels Pinterest Party!