Today I have a special treat for you! My very dear friend Jackie is an Image Consultant and is sharing some Fall fashion and makeup trends! Jackie Wheeler of JackieStyle Image Consulting, featuring BeautiControl Cosmetic, has been in the fashion industry for over 20 years. She has a degree in Fashion from Arizona State Univeristy. Jackie has been helping hundreds of women over the last 20 years feel confident and beautiful within their own personal style through color analysis, body type, fashion personality, customized skincare and makeup application. Jackie has been married for 13 years to the love of her life and has 2 VERY busy boys (6 & 2).
I’ve known Jackie since I used to be a BeautiControl consultant myself, and I still love and use their products! Jackie also hosts a local event called Switch & Ditch. The idea is for each participant to collect ten items, clothing, shoes or accessories, that they no longer want, bring to the party and in return choose up to 10 items from among items that the other participants have brought to take home. I’ll hosted a party in the Spring, you can check that out HERE, and we’re planning another one for next month so my local friends, stay tuned! But without further ado, I’ll turn it over to Jackie!
A big question each season is “How do I make these fashion trends work for me?” I help my clients sift through fashion overload that comes at us from every angle. I am a fan of fashion and all the silly, crazy, creative designs, however, it can be overwhelming to find what is best for you as the unique individual that you are. Let’s sift through it together.
First, healthy skin is the best way to keep your style and image on top. Be sure to use your skin care system twice a day, morning and night. Have you had our skin sensored to be sure you are using the proper system for you? Message me and I will make sure you have an opportunity to try the skin test sensors. Heathy skin also allows your makeup to blend easily and you use less no matter the current trend.
Second, what is your personal style? What do you feel your best in? Are you classic, dramatic, romantic, or natural? Knowing your personality will save you time and money. Just as a quick example, if you do not like prints it would not be in your best interest to buy all prints. If you love flowing looks a tailored menswear look would feel uncomfortable. To find out more about your personal style check out this quiz, just click on the ebeauti link.
Fashion fades, only style remains the same. ~ Coco Chanel
My top 3 Fall Fashion Trends:
- Vibrant jewel tone colors – I am very excited about the return to the jewel tone color palette. This color family looks so beautiful on many. You’ll be seeing the deep royal purple, pinks (honey suckle & carmine), navy & black combined and peacock. You’ll also see grey and, of course, the fall expected colors browns and neutrals. Do you know what your best colors? You can find out which colors say, “WOW” on you by having personalized color analysis done by me or get general idea via ebeauti.
- Animal print – this trend comes and goes. Find a print you like in a classic style and keep it forever, pulling it out when the trend shows up again. So it is not so overwhelming use the print in a scarf paired with a solid backdrop. You’ll see the print in pants, tops, shoes, belts and bags. Keep it to one print for your total outfit. If you wear an animal print bottom keep the rest simple.
- Faux fur accents – fur is every where, used to line a jacket or a cuff, on your accessories, shoes and bags. Again, limit the use. A little goes a long way. This year the use of colored fur is huge. Add a little around your neck or cuff by using a removable fur collar/cuff.
My top 3 Makeup trends:
- Red lips – Red can scare people. It is a dramatic color causing others to take notice. Luckily red lip colors come in many shades and options. If you have never worn a red, a red gloss like BeautiControl’s Ruby Slippers is a great choice. Gives some shine and a tint of red without being too bold. A more bold shade like BeautiControl’s XOXO or a subtle shade like Fire and Ice will work if you love wearing color on you lips. Remember if your lips are bold keep the rest of your makeup balanced yet understated.
- Smokey eyes in purple – A smokey eye is what most woman want. The makeup industry has changed it up a bit by emphasizing purples with this trend. It is beautiful and bold. If this is a new thing for you just add a little bit or keep it for evening. Take a look at these beautiful purple options.
- Cat eyes – This technique takes a steady hand and some practice. Many use a liquid liner to achieve this look but you can do it with a pencil liner as well. You’ll see both the single line and the double.
Pick two trends you feel comfortable with and implement them into your wardrobe and style this fall. Keep it fun. Doing to many trends in one look will throw off your style. Good Luck! Keep in mind changes are coming again in the spring. When you have fashion and makeup questions come to JackieStyle. Helping you with your closet dilemma, shopping challenges, skincare and makeup questions and needs is my specialty. I would love the opportunity to work with you personally if you are in the Phoenix Metro area.
Thanks Jackie! Remember, you can FIND Jackie at her Blog, Facebook, Twitter and her BeautiControl Shop. But that’s not it folks, today Jackie is also giving away a $30 Gift Certificate to her BeautiControl shop and an image consultation if you’re in the local Phoenix Metro area! How fantastic is that? Trust me, I use and LOVE these products! To enter, simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below. US residents only.