Hi friends! With Halloween over, it’s officially time to move on to Thanksgiving and Christmas, rigtht? And while I have a TON of awesome Thanksgiving content coming your way this week (eeek!), I’m also sprinking in some Christmas goodness too, like our ABC Kids Christmas Tree we shared yesterday and today – a whole LOT of awesome Christmas wreaths! I’ve teamed up with some dear blog friends to bring you a BUNCH of Christmas wreaths to bring you inspiration – the Christmas Wreath Blog Hop! And my contribution today is an Easy Poinsettia Christmas Wreath. You’ll be shocked at just how easy it is, so be sure to stick around to the end. Here’s what is in store for today…
Below you will find the links to each of the brand new 2014 Christmas Wreaths. To appreciate all the lovely details of each wreath, click on each of the links.
So much fabulous Christmas wreath inspiration, right? I love that we have options for styles and tastes across the board. If you’re here to check out how I created our Easy Poinsettia Christmas Wreath, let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- Floral craft ring
- Poinsettia stems (numbering the number of holes in your floral craft ring)
- Wire cutters
- Cork ribbon
- Drill (as needed)
And the steps:
- Snip your poinsettia stems off about an inch and a half below the flower using your wire cutters.
- Then take a look at the stem width compared to your floral craft ring. For our ring the holes were not quite large enough for the stems to feed through, so we simply took a drill with a bit matching the width of the poinsettia stem to widen the holes a bit. Easy peasy.
- Then feed your poinsettia stems through the holes in the floral and bend down to hold in place.
- Repeat this steps to fill every hole in the floral craft ring with poinsettia stems!
Then loop that floral ring of poinsettia goodness with a large cork ribbon (isn’t it FUN? I got it at Michaels!) or whatever you have on hand and you’re all set! A truly Easy Poinsettia Christmas Wreath.
This wreath literally took minutes to create. No glue, no hours of wrapping – my kind of wreath! And I think it looks just as nice as so many crazy expensive poinsettia wreaths you can find out there. And trust me, this is one you can recreate too! With the flatness of the floral craft ring in the back, the wreath lays against the door just perfectly too.
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.