Hi friends! Now that we’ve made it past St. Patrick’s Day, I think we can focus our full attention on Easter crafts and recipes – and we have a great one for you today – Easter Basket Cupcakes! These are again straight from Grandma’s Kitchen. My mother is probably the best baker that I know, and I love that she loves to make fun treats for our family. Last week we shared her famous Honey Caramel Corn with you, and this week we’re sharing these adorable cupcakes!
She made them in just a few easy steps…
- Chocolate cake mix and ingredients called for on the box
- Cupcake liners
- Vanilla icing
- Shredded coconut
- Green food coloring
- Jelly beans
- Chocolate Twizzlers
- Simply bake the chocolate cupcakes according to the directions on the box.
- While baking, color shredded coconut with green food coloring.
- Once cupcakes are baked and cool, top with vanilla frosting, green shredded coconut and jelly beans.
- Insert a chocolate Twizzler like a "basket handle" into the cupcake.
- And you're done!
And here’s how they turn out…
Aren’t they just the cutest? They look great and they’re tasty too! If you’ve never colored coconut before and need more detail on that step, check out this how-to by Nest of Posies! I think this would be a fun activity with the kids as well. Let each one decorate their own basket! I hope you enjoyed another installment of From Grandma’s Kitchen. Do you think we should make this a regular segment. I sure do!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.