Hi friends! No matter what the weather (it’s actually been quite chilly for us in Sunny AZ), it’s always fun to bring a bit of the outside, in! And today we’re doing just that, with the Snowflake Blog Party! A group of bloggers got together to each come up with and share a fun snowflake project. Now you can check mine out, but make sure you click around the linky at the bottom of the post for more snow-spiration!
Now with the awesome Snowflakes for Sandy Hook campaign, there have been a slew of fabulous snowflakes posted in blogland. Rather than try to come up with another way to make a snowflake, I decided to make something fun from snowflakes and came up with this DIY Snowflake Mobile! It’s so fun and whimsical – and quite easy.
What you’ll need:
- Embroidery hoop
- Felt snowflake stickers
- Ring for hanging
And the steps:
- Peel the back off of the felt snowflake stickers.
- Cut pieces of yarn to the desired hanging length.
- Place yarn on the tip of the sticky side of a felt snowflake, and cover with another felt snowflake, sticky side down to cover yarn.
- Tie length of yarn with snowflake at the end to the embroidery hoop.
- Repeat until you have the number of snowflakes you’d like on your mobile!
- Then tie two lengths of yarn to the hoop to intersect in the center, through a metal ring for hanging – and you’re done!
And here’s how it turned out…
What do you think? I think it’s a lot of fun, and by the way I loved those felt snowflake stickers! I’m going to have to go back to the craft store to see what other fun shapes they have (think EASY banners and bunting)! Ok, now take a look around at the other fun projects my friends have put together! Which one is your fave?