Coconut is one of the world’s most nourishing superfoods. This creamy taste of the tropics is great for sautéing and baking, enhancing your favorite recipes, and body care. Nutiva’s virgin coconut oil is cold-pressed and never refined, deodorized or bleached! It’s ideal as a medium-heat cooking oil, a nutritious substitute in baking and even “better than butter” on bread, vegetables or popcorn. A pinch of salt will reduce the coconut flavor in savory recipes. You can even use the luscious, soothing oil on your skin and hair. Use coconut oil as a natural skin moisturizer, eye make-up remover, or deep conditioning hair treatment. Combine coconut oil with coconut sugar and essential oil for an exfoliating, refreshing body scrub. So many great ideas and today we’re sharing a recipe for a DIY Coconut Body Whip that will knock your socks off! Ready for it?!
DIY Coconut Body Whip
- 3/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Shea Butter
- 35 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 30 drops Pine Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil and shea butter. Be careful not to melt the oil and butter - heat just enough to blend easily. Once incorporated, transfer the oil and butter mixture to a bowl.
- Use an electric mixer on low speed to blend the coconut oil and shea butter until well mixed, 1-2 minutes.
- Increase the speed to medium for several minutes, then high for several more minutes until the mixture has a lovely, whipped consistency. Remember to keep scraping the ingredients down the sides of the bowl, so they get fully incorporated.
- Add the essential oils and blend to incorporate. The whole mixing process should take 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a container like a wide-mouth canning jar for easy scooping. Unlike coconut oil that has not been whipped, this product is easy to scoop even at cooler temperatures.
Like it? Pin it!