Hi friends! If you live in the Phoenix Metro area – pay close attention! If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen a couple weeks back that I took my oldest, AJ, to a cookie making class! The class was at The Cookie DoughJo – the cutest cookie making business you ever did see!
I loved the set up – large tables, each child had their own bowl and spatula. Then we went down the recipe and they came around one by one making sure everyone had the ingredients they needed. AJ had so much fun learning about the ingredients that went into the cookies – butter and flour and sugar…
And I think maybe even more, he enjoyed being out with me on our own special activity.
Once the dough was all ready we used scoops to add them to the cookie sheets – AJ was surprisingly good at this! It’s so funny the things you don’t know they can do until you let them!
And probably his favorite part? Now this involved precision and concentration – adding the M&Ms!
I had to let him know it was quite all right to add more than one to each cookie, and ended up gobbling up all the “extras”. Smart boy! 😉
It was such a fun time and I KNOW that we will be back. And if you’re in the Phoenix area you must give it a try! So for all of you who asked about the awesome experience, here is the rundown!
Open Tuesday – Friday for walk in clients when we do not have any pre-scheduled parties/events or specialized cooking classes. We keep our Facebook page up to date on anything that would prevent us from hosting walk in customers.
- Tuesday – Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm (Open for private parties and events only)
Walk in Experience
Available Tue – Fri unless there is a party/event or special class scheduled.
- $19.99 for 1 cookie making experience, each additional child that wants to make their own cookies and decorate their own box is an additional $12.99
- 1 cookie making experience is good for a dozen cookies and personalized gable box
Birthday Party Packages
|Basic Party Package- Starting at $239 +tax||Ultimate Party Package – Starting at $399 +tax|
|Can Accommodate up to 20 little chefs||Can Accommodate up to 20 little chefs|
|Each little chef will bake a dozen of their own cookies and customize a gable box||Each little chef will bake a dozen of their own cookies and customize a gable box|
|Birthday boy or girl receives gift bag including Cookie DoughJo Apron||Gift bag for all of the children invited to the party including Cookie DoughJo apron|
|2 hours private use of the DoughJo||2 hours private use of the DoughJo|
|Host can set up most theme specific decorations||Host can set up most theme specific decorations|
|Can arrange to have food ordered in for your party||Can arrange to have food ordered in for your party|
July Cooking Class Schedule
- Start Your Day With Biscotti and Coffee| $29.99 | A treat so nice, you have to bake it twice. Learn to bake delicious biscotti and enjoy the fruits of your labor with cup of coffee or milk. This class is limited to 9 participants. (Advanced) July 12th at 9:00 a.m.
- Cookie Decorating | $19.99 | We teach your kids to make frosting from scratch and then let their creativity run wild decorating delicious sugar cookies. This class is limited to 15 participants. (Beginner) July 1st at 3:00 p.m.July 8th at 12:30 p.m.
- The Perfect Summer Time Cookie | $24.99 | Learn to bake delicious lemon zest cookies from scratch (zesting our own lemons and all). They are the perfect summer time cookie! This class is limited to 10 participants. (Intermediate) July 10th at 10:00 a.m.July 17th at 2:00 p.m.
- Giant Fortune Cookies| $24.99 | Learn to make giant fortune cookies. While these cookies are in the oven, your children will also create their own special fortunes to go inside the cookies. This class is limited to 12 participants (Beginner) July 16th at 12:30 p.m.July 16th at 6:00 p.m.
- All Natural Chocolate Chip | $29.99 | Do you love chocolate chip cookies but want to learn to make a better, healthier version? We will teach you to make these all natural cookies during this class. This class is limited to 15 participants. (Beginner) July 22nd at 12:30 p.m.
- Whoopie Pies, is it a Cookie, Cake or Pie?| $29.99 | Learn to bake delicious Whoopie Pies. This delicious treat embodies all of the best parts of our favorite desserts! This class is limited to 10 participants. (Intermediate) July 23rd at 12:30 p.m.July 23rd at 6:00 p.m.
If you’re nearby, sign up for a class (you’ll love it!) and be sure to follow Cookie DoughJo via social media! You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram! And now as an extra treat, enter to WIN 2 cooking classes at The Cookie Doughjo and an apron ($75 value), ends 7/18! Good luck!