Hi friends! Today I’m excited to not only bring you the most delicious Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes recipe, but since it’s also the 12th again, it’s time for 12 Bloggers – 12 Months – 12 Ingredients (or less)! Remember, each month this year on the 12th, 11 of my bloggy friends and I are bringing you a delicious and easy recipe, with a theme! You can follow along here and on our Pinterest Board! So far we’ve covered 12 Quick and Easy Healthy Meals, 12 Valentine’s Day Treats and 12 St. Patrick’s Day Treats, 12 Spring Treats, 12 Fresh Fruit Recipes, 12 Fourth of July Favorites, 12 Jar Recipes, 12 Back to School Snacks – and the theme this month is 12 Appetizer or Tailgating Recipes!
Probably my FAVORITE tailgating food is anything “buffalo chicken” related. I mean, who doesn’t love buffalo chicken? A couple years ago we made these Buffalo Chicken Kabobs, they were so much fun and so tasty! And then I was so obsessed I found 25+ MORE Buffalo Chicken Recipes to drool over. Today I’m adding to that list. Baked potatoes = good. Buffalo chicken = good. Buffalo chicken + baked potatoes = mind blowing! And that was the birth of our Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes.
And they’re super easy! I simply rubbed large baked potatoes with vegetable oil and salt and baked them for about an hour at 400 degrees. While those were baking I cooked up a chicken breast and chopped it into small pieces. I mixed the cooked chicken with Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce (ie, buffalo sauce) and a little ranch dressing. Once the potatoes were out, I sliced in half lengthwise and scooped out a bit of the inside. I honestly left a little more potato than I probably would with normal twice baked potatoes because I didn’t mix the chicken with the potato. I then spooned a bit of the buffalo chicken mixture on top of each potato slice, topped with cheese and baked at 350 for another 15-20 minutes.
Pull those babies out of the oven, drizzle with a little more ranch (or blue cheese!) dressing and voila – delicious Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes! The world’s most perfect tailgating food, don’t you think? Really tasty and you know, not hard at all.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken breast
- Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Ranch (or Blue Cheese) dressing
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and rub the baking potatoes with vegetable oil and salt and bake at 400 degrees for an hour or until potatoes are cooked through.
- While potatoes are baking, cook chicken breast through and chop into small pieces.
- Mix chicken with Frank's Buffalo Sauce and ranch dressing to taste.
- Remove baked potatoes from oven and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the center of each potato half and spoon buffalo chicken on top.
- Top buffalo chicken with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and return to the oven, baking at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove twice baked potatoes from oven, drizzle with dressing and serve.
Now remember there are 12 Appetizer or Tailgating Recipes! So be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these amazing ladies!
- Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes from A Night Owl Blog
- BLT Dip from BetsyLife
- Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Chicken Parmesan Bites from A Little Claireification
- Deviled Eggs from The Rebel Chick
- Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks from Million Moments
- Avocado Bruschetta from Bless This Mess Please
- Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings from Mom Endeavors
- Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Roll-Ups from Stephie Cooks
- Tailgating Texas Caviar from See Vanessa Craft
- Margarita Lime Baked Chicken Wings from Around My Family Table
- End Zone Cheese Dip from Plugged In Family
Now there are a whole lot of FANTASTIC appetizer or tailgating recipes, right? Be sure to let me know if you make our Buffalo Chicken Twice Bakes Potatoes – and tell us what you think! And be sure to check back next month on the 12th for our next theme and collection of recipes!