Thank you to Baby Dove for sponsoring today’s post; as always, all opinions are our own.
5 Tips for Better Baths with Baby Dove
From play time to the best quality bath products, learn 4 Tips for Better Baths with Baby Dove.
My little guy LOVES bath time. And I love it because bath time “cures” a number of ills for him, from tough teething days to calming the effects of the common cold. Anytime he has a fussy day I make it a point to set aside time for a bath. Honestly, over time bath time has become something that was just a duty to something that I truly enjoy with my little one so today I wanted to share the tips that helped to get me there and make the experience more enjoyable for both of us.
1. Clear Your Schedule. The days are hectic. I have a million things to do so even when I get the little one in the bath I’m not always focused. But I noticed the more that I “cleared my schedule” to make time for bath that I enjoyed it even more. I noticed how much my little one enjoyed his time in the bath and there’s nothing we want more as moms than to see our kiddos happy.
2. Interact More. I used to use bath time on social media. It sounds silly, but with smart phones you really can take work with you anywhere. But now I make a point to put down the phone and really engage with my little guy and it’s so much fun! It’s a special time where we go over the sounds that his bath time animals make, we sing songs and more.
3. Start with Wash Time. One thing I like to do is to “wash time” at the beginning of bath time. It helps to set expectations and routine then the rest of the time we can interact and play.
4. Allow Play Time. While the amount of play time may vary depending on what else is going on in your world, water play is so beneficial for early development. Give your little ones cups to pour water out of, toys to squirt with and ABCs to practice with!
5. Use Quality Products. Of course the main goal of bath time is for proper hygiene and taking care of your little one’s skin, so you want to use the best quality products! And for us, that’s the Baby Dove Rich Moisture line.
Hypoallergenic and with fragrances designed specially for baby skin, Baby Dove products provide gentle care and a delicate, comforting scent. In the line, you’ll find everything you need to provide superior care for baby’s delicate skin. The Tip to Toe Wash with ¼ moisturizing cream helps nourish baby’s skin during bath time. The Shampoo leaves baby’s scalp and hair clean and soft. And the Rich Moisture Baby Lotion helps to moisturize, keeping baby’s skin soft, smooth and hydrated.
These are all important aspects when you’re looking for the best skin care for your little ones! I highly recommend them – and they’re affordable and easy to find. Pick some up today and be on your way to Better Baths with Baby Dove!