I just love the month of December. Everything is all dressed up for Christmas and there are tons of treats being passed around. Hi, it is Shannah from Just Us Four here again this month and I sharing with you one of my favorite treats: cranberry cream cheese bites.
These little bites of heaven are so easy to make and taste amazing. Plus, they are such a gorgeous color too that you can’t resist grabbing one…or five. These start with a delicious and versatile cranberry compote that gets blended with cream cheese for a taste that is unbelievable.
- 12 mini phyllo cups
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cranberry compote:
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups cranberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- Combine orange zest, ginger, cranberries, sugar and orange juice in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and ½ cup cranberry compote in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Smooth cranberry mixture into phyllo cups and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Optional: top with a single cranberry from the compote before serving and garnish with lemon zest
I now keep a the ingredients to make these in the house at all times because they are the perfect last minute treat to throw together before company comes over.
I hope you will stop by and visit me over at Just Us Four where I am sharing tons of cranberry inspired recipes like:
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.