As part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias®, I’m sharing our experience with Stouffer’s Satisfying Skillets and fun date night ideas you can have from the comfort of your own home! #Dinner4Two #CBias
Hi friends! When was the last time you had a date night? No matter where you are in life, if you’re in a relationship, it’s important to set aside time to spend with each other! We try to make sure we have these opportunities, and this weekend we had some rare time alone!
Date night! I love a good date night, but nowadays we’re trying to spend a little less money and so often we’re pretty worn out by the end of the week, that even when it’s just the two of us – we tend to opt to spend our “date night” at home! I know, it sounds crazy. I used to whine to get outdoors, to see the latest movie and to eat at a nice restaurant. And don’t get me wrong, I still love those things, but date nights out can end up pricey and most of the time I just want to talk and snuggle with my guy. Do you get me?
So this weekend we opted for dinner and a movie, yes at home. Now most of the time when we have date nights at home, let’s just say I don’t want to make a big elaborate meal from scratch. And this is where Stouffer’s Satisfying Skillets comes in to play! I had recently gone to our local Walmart for a little grocery shopping and picked up one of their new skillet meals. You can see my shopping experience in my Google+ album here.
I knew that the braised beef would be a hit with the hubs! And I could tell based on the size that the meal would be great portions for the two of us! It looked so tasty – and affordable!
So when date night rolled around, the hubs was in charge of picking the movie – and I got dinner on the stove! Just 20 minutes out of the freezer on to the table, it doesn’t get much easier than that! And it was so tasty! Tender bites of beef, crunchy green beans and potatoes in a tasty sauce. Perfect! It was so nice to have a low-key, quiet night at home.
Are date nights at home your cup of tea as well? It really got me to thinking of some fun date night ideas we could plan for future weekends alone…
Date Night Ideas at Home
- Dinner and a Movie. This is our classic date night! There are always movies on our list that we just don’t get to when we’re busy watching Finding Nemo and Lion King (the current Disney faves). So break out that scary movie (always my husband’s choice) or action-packed flick and enjoy a night at home! Stouffer’s is a great choice for your #Dinner4Two!
- “Camping Out” Indoors. I have a feeling we’re in for forts and tents in the family room as our boys grow older, but what about for just the two of you? Pull out the tent, grab your sleeping bags and get cozy, staying up all night chatting.
- Karaoke. Or Rock Band. Early on in our marriage, before kids, my husband and I would crank up the noise and stay up all night playing Rock Band. Something you probably won’t do when the kids are home, but a perfect indoor date night when they’re away.
- Game Night. Needs no explanation, right? Each of you pick your fave and get those competitive juices flowing!
- Memory Lane. Break out the pictures of when you were dating. Break out your wedding video…take a trip down memory lane. Have you ever noticed when you talk about the “early days” how much it strengthens your bond and improves your mood? A great date night option!
- Wine and Cheese. Or beer and wings? I know my husband would prefer the latter, but if you both have refined palettes, a wine and cheese tasting would be a fun date night at home!
- TV Series Marathon. Oh how we’ve done this one before! When we first started dating, I had never watched the show 24; let’s just say we had many tv marathon evenings to catch me up. Such an easy way to relax and snuggle up on the couch.
- Indoor Picnic. Break out the blankets, sandwiches and drinks and desserts in mason jars (ahhh!). Plan a perfectly sweet little picnic on the floor of your family room for a unique menu and perspective.
- Campfire and S’mores. Ok we’re heading into Fall, so why not park it outside, stir up a campfire and spend the evening star gazing and making s’mores! How sweet does that sound?
- Plan a Vacation. We so need this date! So many of our vacations are spur of the moment; it would be so much fun to get magazines, and do some reseach together to come up with the next perfect family vacation!
Fun ideas right? So for your next date night, or just a quick and tasty meal at the end of a long day, make sure you have Stouffer’s Satisfying Skillets on hand! You can find Stouffer’s online, on Twitter and on Facebook.
As part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias®, I’m sharing our experience with Stouffer’s Satisfying Skillets and fun date night ideas you can have from the comfort of your own home! #Dinner4Two #CBiasMix. #BTSIdeas #CBias
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.