Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any mindless eating, bread-pinching, mouth stuffing scenarios, and blue-stained fingers this Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe might cause.
You guys, I can’t keep my hands off this Blueberry Banana Bread. It’s SO GOOD!
Usually, when it comes to banana bread, I just throw things in there and hope for a great tasting snack. Like this Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Candied Bacon. I know. It sounds ridiculous, but it’s ahhhhmazing! Elvis would’ve loved it!
This time around I just went overboard at the market and bought an insane amount of blueberries. I knew I could eat them all, but because they were straight from the farm, and straight-up organic, they started to go bad pretty fast. So what’s a girl to do? Make a few dozen Blueberry Lemon Muffins and a loaf, or two, using this delicious Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe, of course.
All muffins are stuffed away in the freezer, and I have school snacks for at least a month! The banana bread kinda didn’t make it to the freezer – most of it is in mah belly! If you want to do the same, make this bread asap. I promise you will love it. It’s such a good snack, and it goes beautifully with your morning coffee or tea.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9x5-loaf pan with butter. Sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl cream together butter and sugar; beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in mashed bananas and ½ cup flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with a whisk, combine remaining flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into banana mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Invert onto a rack.
- Cut and serve.
So give this Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe a try today – let us know what you think!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.