Hi everyone, A Night Owl Blog contributor Jen here again! Did you catch my earlier post in the 14 day’s of Valentine’s Day series where I shared my Dark Chocolate and Bacon Cupcakes? If not, you should check them out, they’re sure to please the man in your life! Today, I’m going to share with you a fun Valentine’s day treat bag with washi tape and straws! These bags would be great to use for your children’s lunch on Valentine’s Day or to send a whole bunch with treats for the class party!
What you’ll need:
- lunch bag/kraft bag
- washi tape
- hole punch
And the steps:
- Start by folding the flap forward and hole-punching two holes towards the center of the bag. (I used scissors because I couldn’t find my hole punch and trimmed the edges of the holes for a finished look)
- Open the bag, add your treats and then re-close your bag.
- Take your straw and starting from the back of the bag lace your straw so the ends of the straw are on the front.
- Trim the edges of the straw so they aren’t longer then your bag’s length.
- Next cut a length of washi tape in half length-wise, add to one end of the straw spaced out.
- For the arrow portion, use two pieces of washi that are the same length and overlap them a bit to make a square of tape. Next, cut each side at an angle to make an arrow point and add to the other side of the straw.
- And waaah laaah, you have a cute lunch sack that looks like it’s been shot through the heart, hehe!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.