Thank you to Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa for sponsoring today’s post and providing Tips to Reduce Stress; all thoughts and opinions are my own.
After the massage I met with one of the aesthetician’s on staff for my Facial. Now I was really looking forward to this part because while I typically have clear and easy skin, lately my skin had been dry and peeling and I needed help! We spoke for a few minutes about some of my skincare concerns while she assessed what I needed most. Hydration was top on the list and she customized my facial to bring back the moisture I was seriously lacking. The atmosphere was calm and comfortable and the facial was completely relaxing! I think I even nodded off a few times…
All in all my visit to the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa in Goodyear, AZ was amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend a visit! If you’re feeling stressed or need some “me” time (let’s face it, we ALL do), schedule a visit! I guarantee you won’t be sorry.
And because they’re in the business of reducing stress, my friends at Hand & Stone have provided us with Ten Tips to Reduce Stress this holiday season:
- Close your eyes and taking deep breaths (inhaling through the nose, exhaling through the mouth) and focusing on the breaths
- Repeatedly shrug shoulders up and down
- Slowly rotate your head clockwise/counterclockwise
- Stand up, clasp hands together and inhale deeply while reaching to the sky, exhale while bending and reaching for the ground
- Give yourself a nice scalp massage
- Slowly rotate your fingertips on your temples
- Roll a golf ball/frozen water bottle underneath the feet
- Rolling a tennis ball underneath your back, focusing on tension areas
- Many therapists recommend adult coloring books to beat stress because they help us achieve “mindfulness.” Being mindful means that you are living in the present, not stressing about things that are beyond your current environment. Absent of worry, your brain begins to refresh and recharge.
- Get a facial to combat skin inflammation. For example, Hand & Stone’s LED Skin Phototherapy treatment combines “light” technology with a charcoal-based mask to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, inflammation and aging.
So there you have it! A full account of my visit to the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa. I was extremely satisfied and now that I have shared all of this great information with you, I realize I need to call in and make my next appointment! So do it, take the time, make the call. There is no time like the present to unwind, relax and be the best version of YOU that you can be!