Love a modern farmhouse look for less? Make your own DIY Metal Flower Market Bucket in just a few easy steps!
What you’ll need:
- galvanized steel bucket
- rust colored paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Cocoa Bean)
- dark and light colored grey paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Steel Grey and Dolphin)
- black paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Black Satin Tie)
- sea sponges
- paint pouncer
And the steps:
- To “age” the steel bucket, create rusty edges using your sponges around the rust colored paint.
- Once that is dry, use another paint sponge to apply a light coat of the darker grey paint all over the bucket.
- Once that is dry, do the same with the light grey paint.
- Using a cutting machine such as the Cricut or Silhouette (or even premade alphabet stencils), create your flower market stencil. If you have a Cricut machine, you can use this Flower Market Cut File. If you have a Silhouette, you can download this Flower Market Cut File.
- Tape the stencil to the area you’d like on the bucket and using a pouncer, fill in the stencil with black paint.
- Remove the stencil and let dry (depending on the tape you used, you may have to touch up the grey paint if the tape lifted any).
Like it? Pin it!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.