Make these adorable DIY Lightsaber Party Favors for your next Star Wars party – or just for fun!
I love it when a plan comes together! I’ve seen the “pool noodle” lightsaber done a million times, so for this party I wanted to do something a little different. While on the search for the perfect lightsaber materials, I came across the cutest little flashlights at Walmart. They were PERFECT – I mean, they looked exactly like the base of a lightsaber. So I quickly grabbed a dozen…then I was off to find something I could attach for the laser. And sometimes you find a “laser” in the strangest of places – the toothpaste aisle. That’s right! I headed over to the travel section and found that they had travel toothbrush holders (in the right colors too!) that would be perfect to fit on top of the flashlights and still allow the light to show through – creating the most AMAZING working little lightsabers! You’re going to want to make these, so let’s go over how I put them together…
What you’ll need:
- Small flashlights
- Travel toothbrush holders
- Quick grab glue
- Black spray paint
- Black duct tape
- Silver paint marker (opt)
And the steps:
- First spray paint your flashlights black – I used a plastic spray paint that dries quickly. And just a note that you might want to tape off the top of the flashlight so you don’t cover where the light comes out, otherwise you’ll need to be very careful painting the top portion.
- Then separate your toothbrush holder and add quick grab glue to the bottom of one end and set it on top of the flashlight. Allow this to dry completely before moving on.
- Once the glue is dry, you’re going to want to add some black duct tape around the connecting area to reinforce the connection. I cut a length of tape that would wrap completely around the mini lightsaber and cut slits on the top portion since the toothbrush holder is slightly smaller than the flashlight and you’ll want these pieces to overlap as you wrap, as neatly as possible.
- I added another small strip of tape around the pieces that overlap just to secure that area as well.
At this point you can add details to the base of your lightsaber if you’d like with a silver paint pen! And the result? A handful of completely adorable, “working” DIY Lightsaber Party Favors!
Star Wars Party Printables by Strawberry Mommycakes
Chewie Caramel Corn Recipe by See Vanessa Craft
DIY Cardboard Star Wars Vehicles by All for the Boys
DIY Star Garland by Just Destiny Mag
Simple DIY Jedi Tunics by Mom Endeavors
Force Awakens Candy Bar Ideas & Printables by Mom Endeavors
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.