These Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Wings are easy to make and perfect for game day!
Are you a big wings fan? I have a confession – typically I only go “boneless” and have NEVER made them at home. SAY WHAT?! I guess because I wasn’t the hugest fan, it never occurred to me to make my own wings. But they are TOP on my husband’s list of favorite foods so when the gals said they wanted a wings-themed month I thought, better late than never and set out to find an easy starter recipe.
- 18 chicken wings
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and black pepper.
- Wash, dry, and dip the wings into the flour mixture until coated.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with a generous spray of cooking spray.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
- While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat.
- When the wings are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce, and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
So if you’ve been wary of making wings at home, I’m telling you, give these Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Wings a try! And remember there are 12 Game Day Wing Recipes, so be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these amazing ladies!
- Baked General Tso’s Chicken Wings from Big Bear’s Wife
- Pizza Wings from Betsy Life
- Pomegranate Jalapeno Wings from Home Cooking Memories
- Greek Lemon Chicken Wings from Cooking on the Front Burner
- Asian Sticky Wings from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Spicy Maple and Brown Sugar Wings from Thyme for Cocktails
- Jess Jess Wings from Bread Booze Bacon
- Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Wings from A Night Owl
- Salt and Pepper Wings from Pink Cake Plate
- Sweet and Sour Wings from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Crockpot Buffalo Wings from See Vanessa Craft
- Sriracha Chicken Wings from Around My Family Table
Like it? Pin it!