Hey, A Night Owl readers! Hope you’ve successfully made it to summer! Now that the kids are out, there are more mouths to feed. I love this Roasted Veggie Quiche because not only is it a simple and filling breakfast dish, but it can be made and baked a day ahead or would be perfect for brunch!
Go ahead and start with a store bought pie crust to make things easy. I love roasting veggies to bring out their earthy flavors, not to mention it’s quick and doesn’t take much effort. You can use your favorite veggies here, think of this list as suggestions or use what might be hanging out in your produce drawer. I used smoked mozzarella and sharp cheddar in this quiche, but again, use what you like or is easily accessible to you. Whisk together the egg mixture and your quiche is almost ready to bake. I topped this with sliced Roma tomatoes because I think it makes for a pretty presentation, but they are totally optional. After 40-45 minutes in the oven, your quiche will be ready to serve! Enjoy!
- 1 unbaked 9 in pie crust
- ½ cup mushrooms, quartered
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- 4 oz. smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sliced Roma tomatoes
- Place veggies on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Put cheese in bottom of pie crust, top with roasted veggies.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, eggs, half and half, salt and Italian seasoning. Pour over veggies. Top with sliced Roma tomatoes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes until center is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More great breakfast ideas…