Hi friends! Are you getting in the Fall and Halloween spirit like we are over here? We have so many fun things in store! Last month I shared this cute little craft over at Tatertots & Jello and loved how it turned out so much that I just had to share it here as well. Without further ado, let’s talk Candy Corn Gift Jars!
One of my favorite things about the Fall holiday season is candy corn! Don’t you just love it? When the stores line their shelves with the sweet and colorful candy, they’re fun to eat but even more fun to craft with don’t you think? I love to have jars of candy corn around the house during this time of year. Not only are they fun sweet treats, but I just love how the colors can add to both your Halloween and Fall decor! And these sweet little jars will help you do just that. And you could whip up a few of them and give them away as fun gifts to friends and family – let’s spread that candy corn cheer! So let’s chat about how easy they are to make so you can run out and make your very own jars too! I picked up my jars at the dollar store, aren’t they perfect? You don’t need anything expensive to get started…
What you’ll need:
- Glass jars with lids
- White spray paint
- Orange acrylic paint
- Yellow acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Sand paper (optional)
- Painter’s tape (optional)
And the steps:
- First you’re going to want to seal your jar shut with the lid so no paint gets inside, then spray paint the entire outside of your jar with white spray paint. Several thin coats work the best, making sure the jar is dry between each coat.
- Once you’re happy with coverage and the jar is completely dry (best to let dry overnight), paint the bottom third (or so) of your jar with the yellow acrylic paint. You can use painter’s tape here if you’d like for completely perfect lines, but I chose to free hand.
- Once that layer is dry, paint the middle third (or so) of your jar with the orange acrylic paint. Again, you can use painter’s tape here as well if you prefer.
- Once your paint layers are complete let the jars dry completely and cure, again best to let this stand overnight.
- Once they are dry, if you’d like, you can take a little sand paper to them to “rough” up the lids and edges. I love the look of distressed jars so I did just that!
And the result is are some ridiculously cute Candy Corn Gift Jars! Don’t you just love them? I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out! Just think a sweet jar full of candies would make the cutest little gift to give teachers, family AND friends! Or there are a number of things you could toss inside, how would you use them?
So go forth and make your OWN Candy Corn Gift Jars! If you do, be sure to tag me if you post on social media, I’d love to see! Oh and if you’re a big fan of candy corn like I am, be sure you check out our collection of Candy Corn Crafts and Candy Corn Treatsl! And I’m sure this isn’t the last you’ll see of our candy corn obsession…join in the fun!
Love this article? Then you’ll love our…