Hi friends! Today I’m excited to not only bring you the most delicious Loaded Pizza Pinwheels recipe, but since it’s also the 12th again, it’s time for 12 Bloggers – 12 Months – 12 Ingredients (or less)! Remember, each month this year on the 12th, 11 of my bloggy friends and I will bring you a delicious and easy recipe, with a theme! You can follow along here and on our Pinterest Board! So far we’ve covered 12 Quick and Easy Healthy Meals, 12 Valentine’s Day Treats and 12 St. Patrick’s Day Treats, 12 Spring Treats, 12 Fresh Fruit Recipes, 12 Fourth of July Favorites, 12 Jar Recipes – and the theme this month is 12 Back to School Snacks!
My kids love pizza. I mean, who doesn’t? And any kind of pizza will do, from Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza to Honey BBQ Chicken Pizza, they’re in. So when I was thinking of a fun after school snack that I knew would help fill their little tummies, I knew that some pizza bites would do the trick. And since I decided on pizza bites, why not stick a few veggies in? Pepperoni pizza bites with veggies = Loaded Pizza Pinwheels!
For this recipe all you need is refrigerated crescent rolls or pizza dough, pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and any other fixins’ you want inside. Roll your dough out, top with sauce and fixings and roll up. Seal the edge with a little water and at this point my dough was a little soft, so I stuck it in the freezer for a bit to harden up. This makes it MUCH easier to cut into rounds!
Then just stick those babies in the oven for 8-10 minutes and you’ve got delicious Loaded Pizza Pinwheels! You’ve got to give ’em a try and let me know what you think! So that’s my contribution this month, I hope you love it!
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls or pizza dough
- 4 Tbsp pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- Olive slices
- Mushroom pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your pizza dough and top with pizza sauce.
- Layer on cheese, pepperoni, olives and mushrooms and any other fixings.
- Roll up and moisten edge of dough to seal.
- Freeze roll up for a few minutes to allow dough to harden.
- Remove from freezer and cut 1cm rounds.
- Place rounds on cookie sheet or pizza stone and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving and enjoy!
Now remember there are 12 Back to School Snacks! So be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these amazing ladies!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites from Mom Endeavors
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- No-Bake Almond Protein Bites from Around My Family Table
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family
Now there are a whole lot of FANTASTIC kids snacks, perfect for Back to School! Be sure to let me know if you make our Loaded Pizza Pinwheels – and tell us what you think! And be sure to check back next month on the 12th for our next theme and collection of recipes!