Hi friends! Today I’m excited to not only bring you a these gorgeous and tasty Grilled Pineapple and Watermelon Fruit Kabobs, but since it’s also the 12th again, it’s time for 12 Bloggers – 12 Months – 12 Ingredients (or less)! Remember, each month this year on the 12th, 11 of my bloggy friends and I will bring you a delicious and easy recipe, with a theme! You can follow along here and on our Pinterest Board! So far we’ve covered 12 Quick and Easy Healthy Meals, 12 Valentine’s Day Treats and 12 St. Patrick’s Day Treats, 12 Spring Treats, 12 Fresh Fruit Recipes – and the theme this month is 12 Fourth of July Favorites!
Fourth of July to me means GRILLING. How about you? What are your favorite traditions? When I thought about what I wanted to grill up and share with you today, I thought FRUIT! I’ve actually been obsessing about pineapple, coconut AND watermelon lately – thus today’s recipe! So my contribution this month are these fresh and delicious Grilled Pineapple and Watermelon Fruit Kabobs! Now it’s not quite as simple as popping the fruit on the skewer and calling it a day. Nope, these babies also have a pina colada glaze! YES I found a way to incorporate coconut as well. It’s a vortex of yumminess. Yes, that’s totally a thing.
I started out by tossing some skewers in water. You’ll want to soak them for at least 30 minutes before grilling. I also preheated my grill to 400 degrees while I prepped the fruit kabobs. Then I simply grabbed fresh watermelon and pineapple and chopped them up in chunks. I slid the chopped fruit on to the soaked skewers.
We could stop right there, couldn’t we? Honestly my boys were begging me to. I may have given in and given them chunks of fruit while I was grilling. Then I whipped up a simple pina colada glaze. I had coconut milk on hand but you could use cream of coconut as well.
Simply whisk together the coconut milk with pineapple juice to taste. Then baste your fruit kabobs with the pina colada mixture and head out to the grill!
I grilled the fruit kabobs a few minutes on each side. And voila! Once done, you have amazing Grilled Pineapple and Watermelon Fruit Kabobs!
Don’t get me wrong. The fruit on it’s own is delicious and I’ve been eating the leftovers all week. But there was something about adding in the coconut and grilling that brought out AMAZING flavors. You’ve got to give it a try and let me know what you think! So that’s my contribution this month, I hope you love it!
- Fresh pineapple
- Fresh watermelon
- Coconut milk
- Pineapple juice
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes and preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Chop fresh pineapple and watermelon into chunks and slide on soaked skewers.
- Whisk together pineapple juice and coconut milk (a 1:1 ratio) and lather on fruit kabobs.
- Grill 3 minutes on each side or to taste.
Now remember there are 12 Fourth of July Favorites! So be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these amazing ladies!
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade from Mom Endeavors
- Homemade BBQ Sauce from BetsyLife
- Apricot Crumble In A Jar from The Rebel Chick
- 4th Of July Marshmallow Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Corn With Honey Mustard Butter from A Little Claireification
- Grilled Pineapple & Watermelon Fruit Kabobs from A Night Owl Blog
- Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade from Bless This Mess Please
- Veggie BBQ Sliders with Slaw from Million Moments
- Deep Dish Crumb Topped Apple Pie from Eat Your Heart Out
- Mac & Cheese Cups from See Vanessa Craft
- Popsicle Rockets from Around My Family Table
- Caesar Burgers from Plugged In Family
Now there are a whole lot of FABULOUS Fourth of July Favorites, perfect for next party or BBQ! Be sure to let me know if you make our Grilled Pineapple and Watermelon Fruit Kabobs – and tell us what you think! And be sure to check back next month on the 12th for our next theme and collection of recipes!
Like this post? Then you might like our: