Thank you to DecoArt for sponsoring today’s Glitter Reindeer Ornaments project! I am a part of the DecoArt Core Bloggers program; all projects, pictures and opinions are my own.
Hi friends! Have you been keeping up with our Trim Your Tree handmade ornament series? It’s been so much fun and today is no exception with our Glitter Reindeer Ornaments…really a Glitter RUDOLPH Ornament! I can never, ever ever ever get enough of glitter and decoupage these days so I broke out my DecoArt Decoupage bottles and got to work! These little guys are really easy to put together. I got the little wooden ornament reindeer silhouette from Michaels – and really you could get everything else you need for this project there too! Easy peasy!
What you’ll need:
- DecoArt Americana Decoupage
- Wooden reindeer ornament
- Red acrylic jewel
- Hot glue gun/glue
And the steps:
- Paint a layer of Americana Decoupage onto the wooden reindeer ornament.
- Sprinkle a layer of glitter to cover the decoupage area.
- Let dry and shake off excess glitter.
- Paint another layer of decoupage and sprinkle more glitter on until adequately covered.
- Allow to dry completely and paint on a final layer of decoupage to seal in the glitter.
- Hot glue a red acrylic jewel for the “Rudolph” nose.
- Hot glue a length of twine to the back for hanging.
And the final Glitter Reindeer Ornaments are just – so – cute! I especially love him in our red and gold Christmas tree – he fits right in!
So what do you think? Do you see Glitter Reindeer Ornaments in your crafting future? If so, be sure to pick up your DecoArt Americana Decoupage! It is available for purchase at Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, and other fine craft retailers. Happy crafting!
Be sure to stay tuned and check out ALL our Handmade Ornaments with our Trim Your Tree series!
Free Disney Insider Access!
Sign up now to get The Disney Dispatch! You'll receive a photo album full of photos of a yet-to-be-released NEW Disney Theme Park, Pandora! Plus, you'll get 5 days of insider Disney tips to plan your next family vacation!