Hi friends, Jen here from Life According to the Streets. I’m thrilled to be here to show you a fun DIY ornament idea! If you’re like a boy mom like Me and Kimberly there’s a good chance that your kiddos are into Dinosaurs. When my second son had his 2nd birthday we celebrated dino-style which meant months after the party I still had a bunch of little dinosaurs hanging around. I thought why not add a little boy-themed whimsy to our Christmas tree this year so I set out to make them into ornaments and it was super easy!
What You Need:
- plastic dino
- small screw eye hook
- x-acto knife
- paint color of choice
- twine or ribbon for hanging
- First you’ll paint your dino in any color(s) you’d like. I chose to do black with a gold head and then got gold on the body so I lightly brushed gold onto to accentuate the scales.
- Once dry, you’ll use your x-acto knife and poke a hole into the back of the dino.
- Then, simply take the screw eye hook and screw it into the hole.
- Attach your twine and hang on your tree, easy peasy.
So what do you think? Are you going to raid your child’s plastic dino collection and make some ornaments? I plan on making a bunch of these for classmate gifts that are cute and candy free!
Looking for more dino inspiration?? Check out how to make Dino Fossils .
Or the full Dino Birthday!
Be sure to stay tuned and check out ALL our Handmade Ornaments with our Trim Your Tree series!