Hi friends, Jen here from Life According to the Streets. I’m thrilled to be here to show you a fun DIY ornament idea! If you’re like a boy mom like Me and Kimberly there’s a good chance that your kiddos are into Dinosaurs. When my second son had his 2nd birthday we celebrated dino-style which meant months after the party I still had a bunch of little dinosaurs hanging around. I thought why not add a little boy-themed whimsy to our Christmas tree this year so I set out to make them into ornaments and it was super easy!
What You Need:
- plastic dino
- small screw eye hook
- x-acto knife
- paint color of choice
- twine or ribbon for hanging
- First you’ll paint your dino in any color(s) you’d like. I chose to do black with a gold head and then got gold on the body so I lightly brushed gold onto to accentuate the scales.
- Once dry, you’ll use your x-acto knife and poke a hole into the back of the dino.
- Then, simply take the screw eye hook and screw it into the hole.
- Attach your twine and hang on your tree, easy peasy.
So what do you think? Are you going to raid your child’s plastic dino collection and make some ornaments? I plan on making a bunch of these for classmate gifts that are cute and candy free!
Looking for more dino inspiration?? Check out how to make Dino Fossils .
Or the full Dino Birthday!
Be sure to stay tuned and check out ALL our Handmade Ornaments with our Trim Your Tree series!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.