Hi friends! Last week I shared an amazing promotion with you from Silhouette in conjunction with their new Glass Etching Kits! I shared some amazing Glass Etched Projects and inspiration as well, go take a look! But I just wanted to remind you that today is the LAST DAY to snag this amazing deal with promo code NIGHT OWL and to share a fun Halloween project I did this week with the new kit – this easy (but fun) Skeleton Hand Wine Glass!
What you’ll need:
- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Wine glasses
- Etching cream
- Stencil vinyl
- Transfer tape
- Silhouette hook
- Silhouette scraper
- Silhouette positionable skeleton graphic
And the steps:
- Download the positionable skeleton graphic from the Silhouette Online Store and cut out of stencil vinyl using your Portrait or Cameo.
- Using the hook, remove parts of the vinyl that will not be used.
- Apply transfer tape on top of the vinyl stencil, using scraper to smooth out any air bubbles.
- Transfer to clean wine glass, again using scraper to smooth out any bubbles and remove transfer tape.
- Using gloves, apply a thick layer of etching cream on top of vinyl stencil.
- After 30-60 seconds, scrape off excess cream (you can reuse), wipe with paper towel to remove most of the cream, then rinse the rest off.
- Remove vinyl stencil and voila!
Really easy and so very effective! Wouldn’t these glasses be perfect for your Halloween parties coming up? Filled with blood red wine? Oh yah…you see it, right? Such a fun project! If you need a video tutorial (hey, I even watched this before embarking on my first project), take a look here:
So much fun right? You NEED this kit, right?? I think you do! Just think of all the fun personalized gifts you could make for Christmas -OR- pick up one of these amazing bundles to giveaway at Christmas! Yes, it’s already time to think of that!
Remember to use promo code NIGHTOWL through October 4th to take advantage of these great deals!
- A Silhouette CAMEO® and a glass etching starter kit for $269.99. The CAMEO is normally $299.99 so this offer is $30 off the machine and they get a free kit included.
- A Silhouette Portrait™ and a glass etching starter kit for $129.99. The Portrait is normally $199.99 so this offer is $70 off the machine and they get a free kit included.
- A glass etching starter kit without a machine (typically existing customers who already have it) for $29.99. That’s 25% off the kit’s regular price of $39.99.
So get your Silhouette Glass Etching kit and let’s get to etching some glass friends! I can’t wait to see what projects you come up with. Be sure to let me know if you snag a machine or a kit, I’d love to see your upcoming projects!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.