Hey You! I’m so glad you’re here! Hope all is well! Today I’m sharing a White Sangria Recipe, you ready?
I’ve been hanging out over at my place, Diethood, trying to catch up with all things summer, including food, of course! I’ve been fixing up a lot of salsas lately. Salsas that remind me of tropical places… Like this Apple Avocado Salsa. It reminds me of laying on the beach in Puerto Vallarta and stuffing my face with avocados all day long.
I need a vacay. Who’s with me?!
Let’s just close our eyes and pretend that we are done with the laundry, done with dinner, the kids are in bed, and we are all about to enjoy a glass of this White Sangria. Ahhhh…
Smell the orange scent? You might think it’s just all those oranges I plopped in there, but nope. It’s just a healthy dose of Triple Sec. Plus the freshly squeezed OJ. I also threw in some lemon juice… aaaaand an entire bottle of wine.
You’re welcome. I know how it is.
Now, if it seems that you can throw just about anything into this pitcher and call it a Sangria…um…you would be right! Just don’t forget the wine. Without the wine, it’s not Sangria. It’s a Citrus Spritzer. Which, by the way, is pretty amazing.
But, that’s basically how this Sangria was born. Last Friday I started playing around with some citrus fruits and then I proceeded to throw everything-alcohol-related into this big pitcher. Before you know it, I was in the process of making the bestest Sangria, ever. EVER!
I was so tipsy afterwards! Shhhhhh! Don’t tell my kids. I tell them that the stuff in those 101+ bottles in the cabinet is poison. They believe it! I know… I’m such a jerk. 😀
So go try this White Sangria Recipe and come back to tell me that you were just as tipsy as I was. AND that it was the bestest Sangria. Ever. ♥
- ½ cup (about 1 orange) freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup (about 3 to 4 lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- ½ cup sugar (if you like it sweet, add more)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) soda water
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- In a large pitcher, combine orange juice, lemon juice, triple sec and sugar; stir until well combined.
- Add the bottle of wine and soda water; stir.
- Garnish with orange slices and lemon slices.