Hi friends! You may remember that last week I shared a DIY Monogram Beer Mug that I made for my husband this year for Father’s Day. Well this week I’m sharing another fun mug gift – a Dad’s Mug for all those root beer floats! The project is simple but just so cute! A great gift from you and the kids – don’t you think? And it’s so easy to make.
What you’ll need:
- DecoArt Gloss Enamels
- Vinyl or stencil
- Painter’s tape
- Rubbing alcohol
- Pouncer or paint brush
And the steps:
- Clean your glass surface with rubbing alcohol.
- Cut out the word “Dad’s” out of vinyl with a cutting machine or use adhesive stencils.
- Secure stencil or vinyl with painter’s tape.
- Using paint brush or pouncer, fill in the stencil area with DecoArt Gloss Enamels paint.
- Allow to dry for a couple of minutes, then pull stencil off (you don’t want it to dry all the way or the paint will stick to the stencil).
- Let cure for 4 days, then secure paint to glass by baking glassware according to the directions on the paint.
And here’s how the cute little mug turned out…
So what do you think? What dad wouldn’t want his stuff labeled? I think we should figure out a way to mark the remotes as “Dad’s” as well, don’t you think? Hehe. Well I hope you enjoyed my latest craft with DecoArt! Now head to your local Michaels store and pick up your DecoArt Gloss Enamels and let’s create together!
Disclosure: As part of the DecoArt Blogger Program, I receive product and am compensated for posts; however, all crafts, pictures and opinions are my own.
If you’re looking for more Father’s Day gift ideas, be sure to check out these 15 Fantastic Father’s Day Gift Ideas from Kids
And these 15 Fabulous DIY Father’s Day Gifts!