Happy Valentine’s Day -AND- Thrifty Thursday friends! I’m wrapping up our endless love-themed posts today with a cute project little love project that can last all year long – this True Love “Tree” Carving! Now you know how carving initials into a tree used to be the big thing? Now you can bring that nostalgia, innocence and true love into your home for just dollars!
I picked up this lovely piece of wood at my local Goodwill for just $1.99! Now it had a saying plastered to the top along with some glaze, but I took care of that! Then I purchased a wood burning kit (how FUN is that?) from Hobby Lobby with their 40% off coupon, so that it was just a few dollars! I’m already trying to think of more projects to use the burner on, because it was just so much fun and brought back childhood memories!
What you’ll need:
- Wooden plaque
- Wood burning kit
And the steps:
- Now since my wooden plaque was from Goodwill and had stuff plastered to the top, I soaked it upside down in water overnight and peeled the top layer of junk off.
- Once that was dry, I sanded the top until I had a clear, smooth finish.
- I then plugged in my wood burner to let it heat up.
- I lightly traced the letters and a heart onto the wood as guidelines.
- Then I ran the wood burner over the lines until I was happy with the result!
And here’s how it turned out…
For now I have moved it to our Valentines Mantel…but I know that it will be out on display year round because I just love it! So I hope that you all have a great Valentines Day and that you can spend the day with the ones you love!