Easy Pizookie "Pizza Cookie"
Adapted from Nestle Chocolate Chip Recipe.
Author: Kimberly @ A Night Owl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt (I use sea salt)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl with hand or stand mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until well mixed.
- Add in flour mixture slowly until completely blended.
- Here I add dough to 1 pt sized Pyrex baking dishes, which work perfectly for the pizookie. You can also use small cast iron or other glass baking dishes. This size dish yields 4 servings.
- Since my husband likes white chocolate and I like milk chocolate, I then add chocolate chips to the top of the dough. You could always incorporate them into the dough first if that is what you prefer.
- Bake the pizookies at 375 until golden brown around the edges, approximately 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; the center will be somewhat mushy still, but perfect for a pizookie!
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream on top and you're good to go!
This is how they look before going into the oven…
Like this recipe? Then you might enjoy…
Like it? Pin it!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.