Hi friends! Today I’m sharing a fun DIY Twine-Wrapped Lampshade that was part of the Lamps.com DIY Blogger Lampshade Challenge! Each participant in the challenge was provided a plain white drum lampshade to makeover, as creatively as possible. I chose to go with a simple, neutral and natural look as I knew that it would fit best in my office/craft room that I’m currently updating. And you too can create this look with just a few dollars and a little bit of time!
What you’ll need:
- Plain white lampshade
- Glue gun/glue (I used fabric hot glue)
- Spray adhesive
And the steps:
- I started the twine at the base of the lampshade just above the bottom lip and at the back seam, I glued the twine down with hot glue to start.
- Then around the circumference of the lampshade I sprayed the spray adhesive about 6 inches at a time and wrapped the twine around.
- Each time I met the seam I would again hot glue the twine down for extra hold.
- I then repeated these steps until the entire lampshade was covered to the bottom of the top lip.
And all lit up and happy in my office…
What do you think? Do you love it as much as I do? I had so many ideas for this challenge, but I’m so happy I went with this one because I knew it would be right at home in my office. I love the natural, yet contemporary look. Could you use a DIY twine-wrapped lampshade in your home?
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.