Hi friends! My name is Kendall and I blog over at Songbirds and Buttons! Today I am sharing with you an easy and fun Valentine’s Day Painting that you can do with your little one! We are making them this year as gifts I love the holidays, I love decorating, but most of all I love doing craft projects with my son, Wyatt. This is the first time that we’ve done this project – but it definitely won’t be the last!
What you’ll need:
- Paint brush
- Sponge Brush
- 3 different paint colors
- sharpie marker
And the steps:
- Use your sponge brush to paint the background of your canvas. (You can use a regular brush if you’d like – but the sponge brush is faster).
- Let canvas dry for an hour.
- Fold a piece of craft paper in half, cut out a heart, and then use washi tape to adhere the paper to your canvas. Washi tape doesn’t stick – and I try to use what I have for projects.
- Use your second color to paint inside of your cutout – it helps if you have a little one to do some of the muscle work
- Peel the paper cutout off of your canvas to reveal a beautiful heart!
- Use your third paint to let your little one have some fun! Let them put their hands in it and play around – then – when they’re ready – help them to press their hand on the canvas in the center of the heart.
- Write a special message – or just their name and the date so you’ll always remember.
And here’s how it turned out…
So, what do you think? Cute – right? If you end up making this project with your little one(s) – please make sure to share a photo with us!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.