‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring except one merry little mouse. This little ornament has always been something that is near and dear to my heart because it was something I handmade when I was younger I decided to recreate it and share it with you for our Trim Your Tree DIY Ornament series this week on A Night Owl!
What you’ll need:
- Polyfill / Cotton Ball
- Walnut Half Shell
- Pistachio Half Shell
- Red Yarn
- Pink Ribbon
- Washi Tape
- Hot Glue Gun / Hot Glue
- Fine Tip Permanent Marker
And the steps:
- Start with hot gluing the red hanging yarn to the walnut half.
- Shape the stuffing / cotton ball and hot glue it in the walnut to cover the red yarn.
- Draw mouse eyes, nose and ears on the half pistachio shell.
- Add the pink ribbon on the bottom of the pistachio shell to make a mouse tail.
- Glue the mouse in place.
- Add a flag with either the crafter’s name or a simple Merry Christmas!
Simple, but sweet, don’t you think? Will you be making a merry little Christmas mouse this holiday season? Stay tuned this week as we share a few more fun DIY Ornament ideas!
Free Disney Insider Access!
Sign up now to get The Disney Dispatch! You'll receive a photo album full of photos of a yet-to-be-released NEW Disney Theme Park, Pandora! Plus, you'll get 5 days of insider Disney tips to plan your next family vacation!