When I think of Fall I think of boots, scarves, and hot cocoa! I think of fallen leaves and turkeys in the oven, baked goods and mashed potatoes! I thought I’d combine a couple of my fall favorites and add hot cocoa mix to a basic white cake mix with a couple of drops of mint extract for some delicious cupcakes! Let me introduce to you our Minty Hot Cocoa Cupcakes.
- White cake mix (egg whites, oil, and water per the box directions)
- 2 packets instant hot cocoa mix
- 3 drops of mint extract
- Chocolate frosting
- Andes mints baking chips
- Pour powder cake mix into a bowl, remove 2 tablespoons and replace with 2 envelopes of intant hot cocoa mix.
- Make cake mix per directions and add a few drops of mint extract.
- Bake Cupcakes and let cool.
- Once cooled, frost with chocolate frosting, sprinkle with Andes mint baking chips on top.
So give these sweet treats a try and let us know what you think!
Free Disney Insider Access!
Sign up now to get The Disney Dispatch! You'll receive a photo album full of photos of a yet-to-be-released NEW Disney Theme Park, Pandora! Plus, you'll get 5 days of insider Disney tips to plan your next family vacation!